Monday, May 4, 2009

prom

PROM
long post ahead :)

Prom was 2 weeks ago, I think? or was it 3? Lol. Anyway, it was my last prom! It is by 4th prom in total (since high school, that is :)) This time round it was in Sunway Hotel Ball Room (which was really nostalgic because my 1st prom which was my senior year high school prom was there too.. Gosh, it has been 5 years ago! -.-) But it was great to be back there. Nothing much has change. Everything looks the same ol'.. So to start off : Getting ready for prom! Hee. I went to a saloon in Sri Kembangan to have my hair blown and wash. RM20 only :D Haha :D:D:D The poor fella taking care of my hair had to bear with Celine and I talking about all the nonsense under the sun. I caught a few moments of him laughing, smilling and looking all amused at the both of us -.-

Celine came to Cyberjaya to pick me up! :D
On the way to the saloon!

Getting ready :) See my blue dressss! Hee ;) It is so flowy and comfy!

US :) We were waiting for our dates to pick us up! And Darren called me and said his car WILL NOT START omg I started to panicccccccc! So Jon had to fetch him to Celine's and he took my car keys and drove back to Cyberjaya to take my car from Cyberjaya and to pick me up at Celine's right after -.- Which explained why we were sooooo late! Prom started at 7pm and we reached around 8pm+++


So we took pics while waiting! :D:D:D Silly me asked Celine to take the picture with the sunlight at the back.. The result is this. -.-

So much better kan? :)

Dress is from Sg Wang. The shop which I bought this dress from was realllllly WEIRD. This is how the story goes.. (Long story ahead BUT if you want to find an awesome dress, please read on!)

Tca and Shea was dress hunting with me one day in Sg Wang and suddenly we saw this whole row of DRESS SHOPS for events like prom.. We were so estatic! So we walked into a few.. AND we came across this shop.. I was still busy looking at a few dresses in another shop when Tca and Shea called me over to another shop... So I told them to go ahead 1st and I will meet them there.. THEN, when I was done.. I looked at the shop where they were in when they called me over but they were GONE! So I was looking for them.. I could hear them but could not see them! Like what the... right? Then this sales lady in one shop told me they were behind the curtains!!! I know right??!! It was super dodgy! So I was like.. OKAY.. And the sales girl pulled the curtain aside like there was some sort of SECRET and OMGOMGOMG it was a whole WARDROBE of dresses hanging from right, left, front, everywhere! Holy Moly! Hahahahaha. The dresses there are without price tags so I was a bit skeptical of whether they were going to rip me off or something. So while changing in the super small fitting room I told the girls to ask the lady how much were the dresses.. And the sales lady bluntly told me.. "Don't worry! I will give you low low price.." -____-" So okay.. I was thinking after this dress I am SOOOOO going to bail out cause this shop was just too creepy okay.. 1st the curtains and now this.. My heart just couldn't take it.. But then.. Tca and Shea kept handing me dresses of all sorts! There were those cheongsam cut in dresses that had slits that could make guy nose bleed for days.. There were sexy dresses that showed your sides, cleavages, everything! They had long, short, medium length dresses.. IT WAS MADNESS!!! I tried on like.. 15+++ and my arms were sore from lifting and pulling and tugging the dress into place.. TILL I saw this DRESS! ELECTRIC BLUE! Hohoho! I knew it was meant to be! I did not want a BLACK, purple... or RED dress.. Too typical for my liking.. So when I saw this dress in THIS color, my heart skipped a beat! :D

Initial price that the sales girl gave me was rm180+++ if not mistaken.. But.. apparently we could NEGOTIATE! Hohoho! NEW right? So after manja-ing the lady, she finally sold it to me for a lower price! Hehe. For those who are interested to know this funny shop, let me know okay :) Just so you know the sales girl is VERY PERSUASIVE! :/

So back to my prom update... :)

This is Celine in her Kerchief MAXI

So when Celine's date arrived we asked him to take a picture of us! :D:D:D He was very layan!

At prom! With my coursematey Keat Yee :) When I first met this babe.. She was a little scary honestly. She was always sitting alone, somewhere in the middle of the lecture rooms.. And she was always looking so serious.. GOSH I was so scared okay.. But then, 1 fine day Tca, Soph and I approached her to form a group for assignments cause she was all alone in the lecture room hahaha :P And ASSIGNMENTS brought us together and it's been great knowing her! Now she's in all my groups for assignments! This girl is the one who drives me crazy the most because she is such a perfectionist in everything! When we are having assignment meetings and the girls side track and start talking about shoes and all she will give us this deadly stare and ask us to refocus! So tension sometimes -.- But it is because of her, the job gets done and it always turns out awesome! Hehe.. Oh! And we used to work together for DiGi too! Which was how I discovered her crazy side -.- I'm so sad that after we graduate, we might not see each other again! :((

us :)

Marianne

Marianne, me and Celine :)

with Ping Ting

With Tharan

with Ken

With Ann Na my bazaar going partner and Sue Jane!

Girls from CF :) Thank goodness I was not wearing black or red -.-
From left: Ann na, me, Jane, Lai Hoong and Caryn

With Fahmy

Keven Tan and I

Steve and I

Jeremy Song

Eli, Shea, Sarah Ong and I :)

Dexter

This is penguin and my date for prom :) HEHEHE

With Kevin

This is Issac

with stella

with sook yee

The after prom.
Before going back home, it is a MUST to take a staircase shot! My date was very layan! He took whatever pictures I wanted ;) So nice kan? :D

AH! Ok, it's the end of the prom post.. Phew! I'm gonna miss my studies.. Seriously.. It's time for me to graduate.. And to move on with life now.. To the next phase! More challenges, more people to meet and a lot more! I can't wait!

6 comments:

Pearlyn Sin said...

HAHA My brother looked so fat one in the picture?! LOSE Weight ka? LOL I had my second ball night at sunway too! But it wasn't really my prom as I was the emcee for that night. Didn't enjoyed much :(

Unknown said...

hey, can you tell me where this shop is located in sg wang? would love to drop by to hunt for my prom dress!

miss ocd said...

Pearlyn: he skinny already compared to last time.. I think the blazer made him look puffy :P

miss ocd said...

amyksy: hehe don't have their name card with me at the mo' will get back to you asap *i changed my wallet* hehe :D

miss ocd said...

Hey AMY :)

The shop is at F019, 1st Floor.

XO

SueJane said...

Lol..kevin didn't wear pink tat nite...=(